Thursday, May 05, 2011

Through long years of animal rights activism and food snobbery I've learned to love expirimenting making dishes until they're perfect and free of things I don't want to put unto my body. I love the satisfaction you get after you create a dish that really hits the spot. These are my latest creations.


Arugula Mango Mushroom Salad with Avocado Lemon Dressing. The salad is arugula, mango, mushrooms sauteed in olive oil with garlic, a stalk of celery, diced, and a green onion, thinly sliced. To make this dish completely raw you can just replace the sauteed mushrooms with marinaded mushrooms.
For the dressing you just mix half an avocado with the juice of a lemon to a pinch of basil and oregano, a teaspoon of Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce, a table spoon of coconut milk, and a half teaspoon of minced garlic. This one is good with arugula, but baby spinach might lend itself better to the freshness of the dish. Try it out for yourself!





This is Mango Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream, born of a night of ice cream cravings and no desire to use dairy. I made it by blending one mango, a cup of frozen strawberries, two tablespoons of coconut oil, half an avocado, a fourth cup of coconut milk, and four tablespoons of agave. Just put it in the freezer and stir it every so often as it forms ice crystals. It's sooo good!



Love and healthy-deliciousness, -Max <3

1 comment:

Chris (Mom) said...

You are so amazing I can't believe you are mine!

These look fantastic...please teach Mom how to make this dressing.

I love you son, you are a wonderful cook!